The Reds Hall of Fame is excited to announce the six candidates on the 2018 Modern Player Ballot, presented by Clark Schaefer Hackett, the official accounting firm of the Reds Hall of Fame Ballot. Candidates are also listed below with their positions and years as a Red. Fans can vote at www.redsmuseum.org and engage in the conversation on social media by using #VoteRedsHOF. There is a limit of one vote per person/email address per day. Voting is open now, and fans may cast ballots online through September 30.
- Aaron Boone, 3B (1997 – 2003)
- Adam Dunn, OF (2001 – 2008)
- John Franco, P (1984 – 1989)
- Danny Graves, P (1997 – 2005)
- Scott Rolen, 3B (2009 – 2012)
- Reggie Sanders, OF (1991 – 1998)
Only one Modern Player will be selected for induction as part of the Reds Hall of Fame’s Class of 2018. The votes from the fans will be combined with ballots from select members of the media and Reds alumni to determine the inductee.
The six players were nominated by the Hall of Fame’s Election Governance Committee.
To be eligible for consideration on the Modern Player Ballot, players have to meet the following requirements:
- Appeared in at least three seasons with the Reds
- Played in a Major League game within the last 13 seasons
- Be in at least their third year since appearing in a Major League game
Complete voting rules and procedures may be found at www.redsmuseum.org along with biographies of each candidate.
In addition to the Modern Player Ballot, the Reds Hall of Fame Veterans Committee will consider candidates for induction whose playing careers ended more than 13 years ago along with managers and executives. Together, the Modern Player Ballot and Veterans Ballot results will comprise the Induction Class of 2018, to be announced later this year.