2018 Annual Conference
The 2018 ISHA Conference will be held at the 49ers Museum presented by Sony. Conference dates are Sept. 26-28.
We would also like to thank our 2018 sponsors and encourage ISHA members to visit their websites by clicking the links below:
Hosting an ISHA Conference
Submitting a Proposal
Potential hosts should send two (2) copies of their proposal and any attachments to the ISHA office at P.O. Box 2384, Florence, OR 97439, as well as sending any text documents via email to email@example.com.
Proposals should include the following information:
- The year of the ISHA Annual Conference to be hosted.
- Applicant institution name, address, contact person, phone, fax, and e-mail.
- Contact person’s signature and date, certifying the accuracy of the information.
- Available and suggested conference dates.
- Access to the city (by airlines, rail, auto, etc.) to the hotel accommodations and meeting sites (by local taxi, bus, host shuttle, auto, etc.).
- Accommodations arrangements with a local hotel, including description of the property and rooms, projected room rate, amenities and features of the hotel, hospitality suite accommodations, etc.
- Meeting facilities including registration area, rooms for educational sessions and board/committee meetings, space for annual banquet, trade show space, Internet access, etc.
- Social and tour opportunities including area attractions and sites suitable for a conference tour.
- Available conference support including applicant institution’s staff and volunteer capabilities, community support and possible support of other ISHA members in the area.
- History of conference hosting – experience in hosting ISHA or other conferences.
Potential applicants are encouraged to contact the ISHA office for assistance in creating their proposals.
Karen Bednarski, Executive Director
International Sports Heritage Association
P.O. Box 2384, Florence, OR 97439
Tel: (541) 991-7315
Fax: (541) 997-3871
ISHA will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the preparation of the event budget for presentation to the board.
- Assisting in the creating, printing, and mailing of a Conference Brochure to ISHA members and other potential participants.
- Receiving and processing all registration forms and trade show booth reservations.
- Receiving any other conference income, such as sponsorships.
- Creating name tags for all registrants.
- Planning the elements of the registration packets and producing some of the original documents for the packets (to be copied and assembled by the host).
- Providing print ready materials for the Conference Handbook. (The host will arrange to print and produce the Handbook locally.)
- Producing all handouts for the Annual General Meeting (the business meeting), such as minutes, budget, etc. (The host will arrange to have these copied locally.).
- Creating and processing conference evaluation forms.
- Paying all authorized invoices and bills associated with the conference.
- Writing and mailing conference-related thank you letters as determined by Conference Committee.
Changes in Policies and Procedure
From time to time, the ISHA Board of Directors or membership may make changes in the policies and procedures described herein. It is essential that both conference hosts and conference host applicants maintain close contact with ISHA staff and the Conference Committee chair to stay informed of these changes. Such changes may affect both those conferences for which the site has been chosen as well as those for which the site is yet to be decided.